Apr 14, 2024  
2011-12 Undergraduate Catalog 
2011-12 Undergraduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Business Education, Teaching Licensure, B.S.

Business Education majors receive preparation for teaching business subjects in junior and senior high schools, technology centers, and community  colleges. The Business Education major who is licensed to teach will have a minor in Secondary Education, and will be licensed to teach all business courses as outlined under the section below titled “Teacher Licensure Requirements.”

Recommended Program


Subtotal: 29 Hours

Subtotal: 36 Hours

Subtotal: 30 Hours

Subtotal: 25 Hours

Teacher Licensure Requirements

Business Education

Business Education majors will be licensed to teach all courses in the business and business technology areas. Students must take specialty Praxis exams required for each endorsement area.

Business/Business Technology

By completing the Business Education major as outlined, one is automatically licensed to teach the following courses: Accounting I and II; Administrative Management Systems; American Business/Legal Systems; Automated Accounting; Business Economics; Computer Productivity Applications; Database Design/Management; Desktop Publishing; Document Creation Design; Electronic Commerce/Web Page Design; Financial Planning; Information Management Systems; Interactive Multimedia Design; International Business/Marketing; Internet Navigation Communication Systems; Keyboarding; Keyboarding Applications; Management; Networking Essentials; Personal Computing; Principles of Business; Programming; Programming Applications; Spreadsheet Applications.

Marketing Certification

Business Education majors can be licensed to teach marketing education by completing the marketing education Praxis examination.


Licensure requirements are subject to change by action of the State Board of Education; those graduating should consult a business education advisor. Secondary education courses are changing to meet new state standards. Those courses are identified with an * in the course listings above. Students should consult their advisors before registering for secondary education courses.

Students who have not had keyboarding in secondary school must take BCEN 1310 .

Students should submit documentation of work experience to their advisors or enroll in BCEN 4810 .