All application materials are to be submitted to the College of Graduate Studies.
Application deadline is July 31 for those wishing to begin the following Fall and December 31 for those wishing to begin the following Spring.
- submit an application with the appropriate application fee (online at www.mtsu.edu/graduate/apply.php). Once this initial application has been accepted, the applicant will receive directions on how to enter the graduate portal to be able to submit other materials.
- submit a resume or curriculum vitae;
- submit official transcripts of all previous college work;
- submit scores from an official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). The GRE/GMAT requirement may be waived for applicants meeting any of the following conditions:
- an earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a GPA of 3.00 or higher;
- an earned graduate or professional degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
International students who do not speak English as a native language should provide evidence of language proficiency. They must submit a Test of English as a Foreign Language score (TOEFL, www.ets.org/toefl, minimum score of 71 Internet based); International English Language Testing System score (IELTS, www.ielts.org, minimum score of 6.0); International Test of English Proficiency score (iTEP, www.itepexam.com, minimum score of 4.5); E.L.S. instruction (www.els.edu, completion of level 112), as a demonstration of English proficiency in order to be admitted to graduate studies at MTSU. Note that certain programs may require higher standards, so please consult the program coordinator for more information.
Order a course-by-course evaluation of transcript(s) from institutions outside the United States by an acceptable evaluation service. All acceptable evaluation services are listed at www.naces.org/members. Evaluations should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or, if necessary, mailed to College of Graduate Studies, MTSU Box 42, Murfreesboro, TN 37132.