Admission to the Master of Business Administration program requires the following:
- an earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a GPA of 2.75 or higher; and
- a minimum Index Score of 1000 calculated using (GPA x 200) + GMAT (or GRE equivalent).
The GMAT/GRE requirement may be waived for applicants that meet any of the following conditions:
- an earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university with GPA 3.0 or higher (International transcripts must have an official evaluation by a NACES member.)
- an earned bachelor’s degree with a GPA of 2.75 or higher and five (5) or more years of professional/managerial work experience (resume required)
- an earned graduate or professional degree from a regionally accredited college or university
The following foundation prerequisite courses or their equivalents are required before enrolling in core M.B.A. courses:
- ACTG 3000 - Survey of Accounting for General Business
- BIA 6000 - Quantitative Methods Survey
- FIN 3010 - Principles of Corporate Finance
Students may complete prerequisite courses after admission to the M.B.A. program if needed.
In addition to the requirements outlined above, international applicants must submit proof of English language proficiency that meets the University requirement.
NOTE: Students admitted into the MBA program who do not have a background in business education or those who think they may need some tutorial courses are advised to use any of the resources listed below. Please note that the program does not require prerequisite courses outside the listed foundation courses above (ACTG 3000, BIA 6000, and FIN 3010 or their equivalent).
The following is a list of self-paced, online programs that can be helpful. Students who think they may need to refresh their knowledge in the functional areas of business such as marketing, management, economics, finance, accounting, statistics, or using Excel are advised to make use of any of the following resources before taking the core classes.
It is the responsibility of the student to avail themselves of the resources listed above.
All application materials are to be submitted to the College of Graduate Studies.
Priority deadlines for completed applications: Fall - June 1; Spring - October 1; Summer - April 1. Completed application packages received after the priority deadline will be evaluated based on the date received.
- submit an application with the appropriate application fee (online at www.mtsu.edu/graduate/apply.php);
- submit official scores on the GMAT examination;
- submit official transcripts of all previous college work;
- submit a current resume.
The Master of Business Administration with a concentration in Music Business requires completion of 42 semester hours.
MBAM 6925 - Strategic Business Consulting , the capstone course is taken in lieu of a comprehensive written examination for the M.B.A degree. This course should be taken during the student’s last semester and after completing all other core courses in the curriculum.
Core courses may not be satisfied by independent study.
A student who has had substantial undergraduate instruction in accounting, economics, finance, information systems, management, or marketing may be required, as determined by the director, to take an alternative 6000-level course in the same area of instruction in lieu of the required graduate course.
Students may transfer up to six credit hours of approved graduate coursework from another AACSB-accredited institution.