Admission to the Master of Business Administration program requires the following:
- an earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college;
- completion of required foundation courses (9 hours) or equivalent before enrolling in core courses:
ACTG 3000 - Survey of Accounting for General Business
BIA 6000 - Quantitative Methods Survey
FIN 3010 - Business Finance
- a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale;
- a minimum GMAT score of 400 or GRE equivalent; and
- a minimum Index Score of 950, calculated using: GPA x 200 + GMAT (or GRE equivalent) equals 950 or Upper Division GPA x 200 + GMAT (or GRE equivalent) equals 1000.
Required foundation courses may be taken after program admission.
In addition to the requirements outlined above, international applicants must submit proof of English language proficiency that meets the University requirement.
NOTE: Students admitted into the MBA program who do not have a background in business education or those who think they may need some tutorial courses are advised to use any of the resources listed below. Please note that the program does not require prerequisite courses outside the listed foundation courses above (ACTG 3000, BIA 6000, and FIN 3010 or their equivalent).
The following is a list of self-paced, online programs that can be helpful. Students who think they may need to refresh their knowledge in the functional areas of business such as marketing, management, economics, finance, accounting, statistics, or using Excel are advised to make use of any of the following resources before taking the core classes.
It is the responsibility of the student to avail themselves of the resources listed above.
All application materials are to be submitted to the College of Graduate Studies.
Priority deadlines for completed applications: Fall - June 1; Spring - October 1; Summer - April 1. Completed application packages received after the priority deadline will be evaluated based on the date received.
- submit an application with the appropriate application fee (online at www.mtsu.edu/graduate/apply.php);
- submit official scores on the GMAT examination;
- submit official transcripts of all previous college work.
The Master of Business Administration with a concentration in Health Care Management requires completion of a minimum of 45 semester hours.
MBAM 6925 - Strategic Business Consulting, the capstone course, is taken in lieu of a comprehensive written examination for the M.B.A. This course should be taken during the student’s last semester and after completing all other core courses in the curriculum.