Jul 02, 2020
Andrea Georgiou, program coordinator
The Flight Dispatch concentration offers instruction designed to meet the aviation industry’s needs by preparing professional, corporate, and airline flight dispatchers. Selected general education and minor courses are interwoven with required aerospace courses to provide students with a foundation for careers in this area. Upon completion of the program, the FAA Flight Dispatch exam will be administered. Successful completion of this FAA exam is required for graduation. In addition to the academic requirements below, Flight Dispatch students must
- adhere to the following requirements for these 14 CFR, Part 65 dispatch core courses: AERO 1230, AERO 2220 or AERO 2230, AERO 2010, AERO 3080, AERO 3210 or AERO 3510, AERO 3630/AERO 3631, AERO 4580, and AERO 4590;
- online courses will not satisfy these requirements,
- obtain at least a grade of 70 percent,
- miss no more than 10 percent of the contact hours for each course,
- make up all missed class time before the end of the semester,
- retake a course if more than 10 percent is missed and/or obtain less than a 70 percent.
- be at least 21 years of age before the Fall graduation date in order to enroll in AERO 4580.
General Education (41 hours)
General Education requirements (shown in curricular listings below) include courses in Communication, History, Humanities and/or Fine Arts, Mathematics, Natural Sciences, and Social/Behavioral Sciences.
The following courses are required by the program and can satisfy the respective General Education requirement:
- MATH 1710 (Math)
- CHEM 1010/1011 (Nat Sci)
- PHYS 2010/2011 (Nat Sci)
- GEOG 2000 or PSY 1410 (Soc/Beh Sci)
Major Requirements (44 hours)
Aerospace Core (13 hours)
Flight Dispatch Concentration (31 hours)
Supporting Courses (29 hours)
Minor (18 hours)
Selected from Computer Science, Geology, Information Systems, Physical Geography, or other science- or business-related field approved by the program coordinator.
Total hours in program: 120
Curriculum: Aerospace, Flight Dispatch Concentration
Curricular listings include General Education requirements in Communication, History, Humanities and/or Fine Arts, Mathematics, Natural Sciences, and Social/Behavioral Sciences categories.