Jan 21, 2020
Mark Abolins, program coordinator
This Earth Science career pattern is designed for students who plan to become professional earth scientists or who wish to pursue graduate study in earth science.
General Education (41 hours)
General Education requirements (shown in curricular listings below) include courses in Communication, History, Humanities and/or Fine Arts, Mathematics, Natural Sciences, and Social/Behavioral Sciences.
The following General Education course is recommended for this major:
- MATH 1730 (Math) required in cognate
Major Requirements (42 hours)
Math/Science Cognate (18 hours)
Electives (22 hours)
- Approved by Geosciences mentor
Total hours in program: 120
Curriculum: Geoscience, Geology Concentration (Earth Science)
Curricular listings include General Education requirements in Communication, History, Humanities and/or Fine Arts, Mathematics, Natural Sciences, and Social/Behavioral Sciences categories.
Following is a suggested pattern of study for the first two years; however, consultation with the assigned advisor is necessary before registration.
- GEOL 3050 - Field Methods in Geology 3 credit hours
- Humanities and/or Fine Arts 6 credit hours
- Geoscience electives 6 credit hours
- Math/Sci cognate electives 8 credit hours
- General electives 8 credit hours