Sep 26, 2018
Jonathan Trundle, program coordinator
The Photography program integrates technical competence and visual awareness. Experiences promote personal and professional growth toward careers in commercial photography, creative photography, and photojournalism.
NOTE: Students must earn a C (2.00) or better in each course in the college in order to graduate.
Admission to Candidacy
To be admitted to candidacy in the Photography concentration, the student must meet the following requirements:
- 45 hours completed before applying for candidacy
- Grade of C (2.00) or better in each of the following:
EMC 1020 / RIM 1020 / JOUR 1020
VFP 3020 , EMC 3060 , JOUR 2710
ENGL 1010 and ENGL 1020
- Minimum 2.50 GPA in PHOT 2050 , PHOT 3040 , and PHOT 3110 .
- Minimum overall GPA in all college coursework of 2.50.
- Math course satisfying General Education requirements.
General Education (41 hours)
General Education requirements (shown in curricular listings below) include courses in Communication, History, Humanities and/or Fine Arts, Mathematics, Natural Sciences, and Social/Behavioral Sciences.
Major Requirements (43 hours)
Photography Concentration (34 hours)
Photography Electives (4-12 hours)
Choose at least 4 credit hours; total number of credit hours not to exceed 12 hours.
Auxiliary Major Requirement (3 hours)
Total hours in program: 120
Recommended Curriculum: Mass Communication, Photography
Curricular listings include General Education requirements in Communication, History, Humanities and/or Fine Arts, Mathematics, Natural Sciences, and Social/Behavioral Sciences categories.
- PHOT 4040 - Color Photo Communication II 3 credit hours
- Social/Behavioral Science or elective 3 credit hours
- Humanities and/or Fine Arts 3 credit hours
- Minor course or elective 3 credit hours
- Minor course 3 credit hours
- Electives 12 credit hours
- PHOT elective 3 credit hours