Department of Computer Science
Chrisila Pettey, program coordinator
A major in Computer Science consists of 41 semester hours of General Education requirements, 44 hours of computer science requirements, and 35 hours of supporting and elective courses. Specifically a major must have
- a core of CSCI 1010 , , , , , , , and ;
- a mathematics core of , , and ;
- additional math courses (3 hours) that can be counted toward a math major;
- additional courses as described below.
A maximum of 3 hours in the major may come from CSCI 4280 , CSCI 4600 , and CSCI 4910 . Credit in secondary computer languages toward the major is limited to 3 hours. In order to take any computer science course having a prerequisite, the student must have earned a grade of C (2.00) or higher in the prerequisite. Each course counted toward the 44 credit hours of required Computer Science courses must be completed with a grade of C (2.00) or higher.
is considered a service course and does not count toward a major or minor.
The Business Applications concentration with a minor in Mathematics requires the following in addition to the core requirements:
- and ;
- 12 hours of computer science electives, at least 9 of which are upper division;
- a minor in Mathematics which requires ACTG 2110 , , , , and one of , , , , or .
NOTE: The Computer Science Department has a full-time academic advisor. Additionally all Computer Science majors are assigned a faculty mentor. The student is responsible for seeking the assistance of the advisor. This catalog is not intended to provide the detail necessary for self-advising.