Department of Computer Science
Chrisila Pettey, program coordinator
A major in Computer Science consists of 41 hours of General Education requirements, 44 hours of Computer Science requirements, and 35 hours of supporting and elective courses. Specifically a major must have
- a core of CSCI 1010 , , , , , , CSCI 3240 , and ;
- a mathematics core of , , and ;
- additional math courses (3 hours) that can be counted toward a math major;
- additional courses as described below.
A maximum of 3 hours in the major may come from, CSCI 4280 , CSCI 4600 , and CSCI 4910 . Credit in secondary computer languages toward the major is limited to 3 hours. In order to take any computer science course having a prerequisite, the student must have earned a grade of C (2.00) or higher in the prerequisite. Each course counted toward the 44 credit hours of required Computer Science courses must be completed with a grade of C (2.00) or higher.
CSCI 1150 is considered a service course and does not count toward a major or minor.
The Business Applications concentration with a minor in Business Administration requires the following in addition to the core requirements:
- and ;
- 12 hours of computer science electives, at least 9 of which are upper division;
- a minor in Business Administration which requires INFS 2200 or INFS 3100 ; ACTG 3000 (or ACTG 2110 and ); or FIN 3010 ; or BLAW 3430 ; ; and .
NOTE: The Computer Science Department has a full-time academic advisor. Additionally, all Computer Science majors are assigned a faculty mentor. The student is responsible for seeking the assistance of the advisor. This catalog is not intended to provide the detail necessary for self-advising.