Sep 24, 2020
2014-15 Undergraduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Mass Communication, Animation Concentration, B.S.
Department of Electronic Media Communication
Kevin McNulty, program coordinator
The Animation concentration is designed for those who wish to work professionally in animation and/or imaging, including motion graphics, video games, character animation, visual effects, and image manipulation. This specialty blends theoretical and hands-on approaches to electronic media education. Students are encouraged to complete their education with internships in professional settings.
NOTE: Mass Communication majors must earn a C (2.00) or better in each course in the college in order to graduate.
Admission to Candidacy
To be admitted to candidacy in the Animation concentration, the student must meet the following requirements:
- 45 hours completed before applying for candidacy
- Grade of C (2.00) or better in each of the following:
EMC 1020 /JOUR 1020 /RIM 1020
JOUR 2710 , EMC 3020 , or EMC 3060
ENGL 1010 and ENGL 1020
- Minimum overall GPA in all college coursework of 2.50.
- Math course satisfying General Education requirements.
Required Courses (48 hours)
NOTE: Total hours in college not to exceed 48
Animation Requirements (39 hours)
Other requirements (72 hours)
- 72 hours outside the college of Mass Communication
Required Art minor (18 hours)
Computer Literacy Requirement (3 hours)
Curricular listings include General Education requirements in Communication, History, Humanities and/or Fine Arts, Mathematics, Natural Sciences, and Social/Behavioral Sciences categories.
- EMC 4400 - Animation Seminar I 3 credit hours
- Humanities and/or Fine Arts 3 credit hours
- Natural Sciences 4 credit hours
- Mass Communication elective 3 credit hours
- Elective 3 credit hours
Total hours in program: 120