Apr 05, 2020
Department of Economics and Finance
Ken Hollman, program coordinator
In addition to meeting the Jennings A. Jones College of Business requirements, a major in Finance with an Insurance concentration consists of 27 semester hours of finance and requires a minimum of 2.00 GPA. At least 50 percent of the required major hours must be taken in residence at MTSU.
The program below includes a Business Administration minor. An alternate business minor may be chosen, but it may require total hours for graduation to exceed 120.
Required Courses (27 hours)
- - General Insurance 3 credit hours §
- - Computer Applications in Finance 3 credit hours §
- - Managerial Finance 3 credit hours §
- - Risk Management 3 credit hours §
- FIN electives 6 credit hours* §
- FIN insurance elective 3 credit hours §
6 credit hours from:
- - Life Insurance and Health Insurance 3 credit hours
- - Property and Casualty Insurance 3 credit hours
- - Insurance in Estate Planning 3 credit hours
- - Insurance Company Operations 3 credit hours
NOTE: Students pursuing the CLU should take FIN 3660 and FIN 4710 ; students pursuing the CPCU should take FIN 3710 and FIN 4730 .
* Any finance course can be used for the FIN elective except FIN 2010 .
Curriculum: Finance, Insurance Concentration
Curricular listings include General Education requirements in Communication, History, Humanities and/or Fine Arts, Mathematics, Natural Sciences, and Social/Behavioral Sciences categories.
Total hours in program: 120
*A 2.25 GPA in these courses is required for admission to the Jones College of Business.