Department of Aerospace
Andrea Georgiou, program coordinator
The Flight Dispatch concentration offers instruction designed to meet the aviation industry’s needs by preparing professional, corporate, and airline flight dispatchers. Selected General Education and minor courses are interwoven with required aerospace courses to provide students with a foundation for careers in this area. Following are the Flight Dispatch requirements:
- complete 44 hours of aerospace courses as listed below;
- adhere to the requirements for these 14 CFR, Part 65 dispatch core courses: AERO 1230, AERO 2220 or AERO 2230, AERO 2010, AERO 3080, AERO 3210 or AERO 3510, AERO 3630/AERO 3631, AERO 4580, and AERO 4590;
- online courses will not satisfy these requirements,
- obtain at least a grade of 70 percent,
- miss no more than 10 percent of the contact hours for each course,
- make up all missed class time before the end of the semester,
- must retake a course if more than 10 percent is missed and/or obtain less than a 70 percent.
- a minor of 18 semester hours to be approved by major advisor.
- other specific required courses as listed below, including FAA Flight Dispatcher Knowledge Test; must be 21 years of age before the Fall graduation date in order to enroll in AERO 4580.
- FAA Flight Dispatch certification upon completion of the program.